The Cosmichrome Basecoat Cleaner (BCNR) is a specially formulated degreaser. It is a one-of-a-kind degreaser that is compatible with the Cosmichrome plating process.
BCNR was formulated to clean Basecoat without harming the Cosmichrome plating process. You can also use it as a regular degreaser for cleaning up your parts prior to applying Basecoat. As you know, fingerprints or any grease marks that remain on the surface of your part before Basecoat, can affect adhesion and appearance.
You should always wear gloves when handling parts to avoid contamination. If fingerprints or other contaminants remain on the Basecoat, the contamination will show in the finished Cosmichrome.
Our Basecoat Cleaner will safely remove grease, fingerprints, and other contaminants that accidentally find their way onto a part that has Basecoat on it. A fingerprint on any other brand of basecoat will ruin the finish. In those other cases, you would then have to sand down the basecoat and repaint it!
We have the only basecoat in the industry that can be cleaned. This is one of the many reasons Cosmichrome stands out above the rest!
BCNR only works on Cosmichrome V-BCL Basecoat. If you try using it on another brand of basecoat, the surface will scratch and these scratches will appear in the chrome. You likely won’t even see the scratches until after the chrome is applied. When this happens, it’s a disappointing waste of money too.
- The Basecoat cleaner is easy to apply. Make sure to cover the whole surface of your part.
- Begin by soaking a microfiber cloth with distilled water, then gently wipe the part to clean it.
- Rinse the part well with distilled water to clean and remove any excess Basecoat Cleaner.
- These few simple steps could save a lot of time, money, and stress!
- Always be sure to carry some Basecoat Cleaner in your shop, and keep your parts stain-free for optimal chroming results!
For more information and your free consultation be sure to Contact Us Today!
Also, check us out on Social Media!